All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2014, 22:40 

Hi! I have a weird issue with my shooting form that I'm having trouble fixing, and thought you might have some advice.I'm having an issue where my wrist turns inward on the follow through. You can see it at the 7 second mark of this video: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2gwU8CJ-Yzrb0NPNzg0eVdMZFk/edit

I know I'm supposed to have a gooseneck/reach in the cookie jar type of follow through. I try shooting in close to fix it, but it doesn't go away in live action.

Any tips on how to fix this? Other feedback or drills are helpful too.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 19:09 

The first thing I would have you do is to stand by a wall and just shooot the ball with one hand, hold your shot, keep repeating this until you feel comfortable with your release. This could take 100s of shots so be patient.

One other thing I noticed is that you aren't holding your follow through as you shoot the ball - concentrate on your follow through after you release the ball - hold it until the ball goes into the basket. I wou ld suggest that you move in closer so that it is a easier shot for now. Once you have this perfected, start to move back a little further.

Good luck

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 19:18 

thanks! that's a great tip. i'll do some wall shooting tonight :)

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2014, 19:19 

Let us know how this goes and it it helpa you with that problem.