All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 11:34 

Hi
I have a few questions buddy. My jump shot is a bit inconsistent, I like my form but I think if I expanded my shooting range I would be a much improved shooter, any tips on how and where to strengthen to expand my jump shot range. Next question my aim is to be able to dunk hopefully within a years time I have not done any serious training with weights although I have squatted and dead lifted here and there with light weights (45kg) I am buying a squat stand and extra plates so ill have over 130kg in weight to do whatever. My vertical jump is 26 inches measured 1hr ago and my standing reach is 90inches. So by the looks of it I need to add 10 or so inches to my vertical. Could you tell me what I should be doing to get an increase, and do you think that its a realistic aim, I play a lot of sport so im pretty fit if that helps.
Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks
Jamie

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2014, 12:40 

+For dunking, take a look at this page -

http://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/articles/How_to_Dunk.html

As for improvinng your shooting range - the most important thing is to gain consistency. Until you get that, don't worry about range. Keep working on you form.... then start off by shooting close to the basket and work your way back as your shot becomes VERY consistent, you can start to move back a few feet at a time. Be patient, this might take some time.

What does a "BIT" inconsistent mean? What is your shooting %s from 10-12' ? 15'? 17'' ? From three ?