All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2013, 23:16 

Video helped a lot. One thought once you practice a bit, take some video from side, some from straight on, and some from behind. Good to get a few different angles.

The one thing I noticed right away was that you brought the ball right up OVER your head like Coach Sar mentioned. The second thing was that you were shooting from pretty far out vs. closer to the basket. The last thing was holding your follow through until the ball was in the net. Check out 21 and 22 min marks on your video, you'll see your shooting hand drop instead of staying up. Overall, you seemed to make quite a few shots though.

My recommendation is to shoot closer in, don't bring the ball OVER your head, and hold your follow through until the ball is in the net. The video below has a few quick tips. The videos Coach Sar had up are also great videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHjdVteO2A

I like your determination and perseverance, that is going to take you a long way.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2013, 10:01 

Rob -

I like this video also Rob... the points that you and that coach makes here should help him a lot. I like him starting closer ,,, I was just focusing on where he had the ball... with the ball over your head its like a sling shot and it will be a flat shot.