All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 20:25 

So, for my ball handling/dribbling, I want to have a 30 minute workout that is about 15-20 min stationary drills and 10-15 min of dribbling on the move. In my dribbling on the move section, I want to work on getting past defenders off the dribble, like crossovers, etc., and also finishing at the rim. So what drill/drills do you think I can do for 10-15 min that will improve how I beat defenders off the dribble and get to the basket. I want this portion of the workout to be focused on getting better at beating defenders and crossovers, etc. I do not want to spend more than 30 min on ball handling. Please get back to me people. thanks

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 13:02 

Mikko - look on the left side under Basketball drills.... you will find all these drills there.

Basketball Ball-Handling & Dribbling Drills
VIDEO of Two Ball Dribbling Drills & Moves

One Hand Pound

Chair Changes

Two up - Two back

Dropstep Dribble

Chair Curl

Chair Curl Phase 2 (With 2 Chairs)

Dribble Screens

Two Ball Dribbling Video

Backup Dribble Drill

Splitting The Hedge Drill & Video With Manu Ginobli

VIDEO - Partner Dribbling With Tennis Ball Toss

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 13:55 

well, out of those, I only want to do chair changes for working on my moves for 10-15 min. So which moves should I start out working on and for how many reps would you recommend? thx

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 14:00 

You want to work on crossover... I would add between the legs too... just to have another move..... a good crossover will leave them wondering where you went..... I would add the back up drill too..... gets you out of double teams...... and you could back up a bit and when the defender stops and comes back at you, use the crossover.

15 minutes a day minimum just on those two......... remember this... when you have ONE move.... people get used to it.... make sure you have a counter to it.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 14:48 

hmmm, well, I kinda wanted to work on 4 moves: crossover, behind back, between legs, and in&out. I was wondering how many reps I should do? maybe, Should I use 2 chairs to make this portion of my workout more efficient? I don't want to spend more than 30 minutes combined on ball handling/dribblnig

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 15:09 

That sounds like a good plan to me.... 30 minutes is a good amount of time. Start with one chair and once you have that mastered go to two. How many days a week are you going to do this?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 15:41 

I'm gonna do this on every day that I don't have team practice, and team practice is usually tuesdays, thursdays, sometimes fridays, and sometimes saturdays. How do I know when I master one chair?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 16:39 

You will know - when you can do it at GAME SPEED without looking at the ball.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 17:31 

so, how many reps would you recommend for each move? I was thinking, maybe 3 to the right, 3 to the left for each move- or maybe 5 to the right and 5 to the left for each move? any suggestions?

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 18:31 

You have 4 moves that you want to work with - 5 minutes per move.... 20 minutes total.