All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 09:43 

Coach Sar, it was pretty obvious this past weekend, We played two games, including a rematch with that same team from game 1. Overall in the two games, every player on our team scored at least one basket and we had some very good stretches of moving the ball around and getting an open look.

In our rematch, the other team's best player was not there because he had to go to a travel tournament. Things were pretty ugly for a while. They have two set plays that they always run, both involving the point guard and a box set with two different pick and roll set ups. They used their second best player at point guard all day, barely anybody else touched the ball, and we had a 13-0 halftime lead. We played very god defense, which admittedly wasn't tough to do because even my players knew both of the other team's plays. We had a lot of steals in that game.

But I am very proud of our players. 3 games into the season and everybody has scored at least one basket. The last boy that needed to score finally got a layup late in the second half of the second game saturday and our whole team was really pumped up to see that ball go through the hoop! I think our cheering section even erupted LOL.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 14:32 

Congratulations... keep up the good work developing your TEAM. It will pay off in the long run and I bet your kids are having a lot of fun.