All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 08:38 

Thanks!
We had a pretty good practice Saturday, even though I had only 4 players. :-P
Started teaching then a motion offense and they seemed to pick it up pretty quickly.

Mark

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 08:52 

Tough stuff for 10 year olds but you know your own kids... simple pass and cut type ?

The last thing you want to do is have them "THINKING" on the court rather than reacting.... especially at this age. I hope this works for you/them.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 09:40 

Well, it's simplified, and they actually picked up on the progressions of the 2-3-4 players when I got confused a bit. :-)

http://www.coachesclipboard.net/StanfordMotionZoneOffense.html

Mark

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 09:45 

That has some nice movement .... and IF the kids get it and can run it under pressure.. thats great.

I have a lot of my stuff on that site... under Coach Sar... open post offense, match up D... press offense and inbounds plays.. Jeff and Joe weren't around when I started posting with Dr Gels... both of these sites are great.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 09:55 

This year is unique in that my players and the ones with most experience and ability and shooting/dribbling prowess are also my tallest players.
I need all three of those guys out on the perimeter. I have two who almost as tall who have little /no experience and can play down low if necessary..
Two others have never played at all, still working with them on proper dribbling and shooting technique.

Mark

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 10:26 

Your job is a work in progress... they are young... remember, its a journey, not a destination... and God Bless you for working with youngs kids of this age.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2011, 11:49 

True!

Thanks for your help and kind words!

Mark