All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010, 12:55 

coaches i took your advice and took my son to a local high school basketball camp. he is 9 and had lots of fun and really seemed to enjoy it. he had a lot of success in the different compitions they had winning the freethrow ,3point, and hot shot. his confidence and interest has seem to grow from this success. i have witness him really playing ball in the driveway and practicing some the things he learned since then even in the 90+ degree temps. he seems to have found a new interest in the game but at the same time he has seemed to have listen to speeches . he told me a guest speaker told them to always remain humble and hungry throughout your success and struggles not only in basketball but in school and in life, not sure that he really understands what that means but i tried explaining it . what i have been most pleased with is he loved it and meet new friends and also has come home with better manners towards his mom and i which he said the coaches and speakers all would talk about. thanks for the camp advice and we plan on more if he wants to go to more.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010, 14:23 

I'm glad that he had a good time... learned some Bball skills along with some life skills.... which seems to be the most important thing..... it helped him to be more confident and this will carry over to his every day life. A love for the game is so important too..... now he has something else in his life to look forward to.

Isn't it amazing that when someone else tells our kids something its like GOLD..... same things we might say... it goes with the territory. I had more than one mom ask me to tell their son to do something (when I was working with 6-87th graders) because they would do anything for me without giving me a hard time.

As long as he is having a good experience and is coming away a better person.... give him all he wants. Hope you both enjoy the summer.