All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010, 12:32 

i preach to my children whos ages are 14,12,10 to set your goals high and work for them and NOT to be afraid of success or even exceed your goals and also NOT to be afraid to fail or come up short of your goals and as long as you give maximum effort and focus accept the outcome. i preach this not only pertaining to sports but also their school work, life goals and and social activities. i would like oppinions on this or anything to to add that i may learn or can pass onto them

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010, 14:42 

I think that its great that you can get your kids to set goals and then work towards them.... especially the younger ones. Setting goals in all aspects of their lives is good..... Not being afraid to fail is good..... we would never get anywhere in life if we didn't take some chances.

The only thing I would add is that if things aren't going well - don't be afraid to adjust the goals..... nothing breeds success like success. IF they achieve the goal, then they can adjust it and shoot a little higher. As long as they know that you love them and are proud of them regardless of how things turn out.