All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2019, 18:00 

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice on how to beat teams with good players and tall players. Been coaching for over 13 years and coaching U14A and can't seem to beat teams with talls or good players. My team has forwards and guards but no general centre.

Also Sometimes I loose confidence in my coaching when can't find a way to beat these type of teams. Tried running trap 2-2-1 Defense, Shell Halfcourt and help D..Tried different players to lock down their good players...

Also ran Horns set offense and handoff motion offense but sometimes want to let my players play a bit so didn't focus too much on structure but now players are lost and lost confidence.

Any advice would be helpful on how to counter for these issues as well best offense to run for U14A. Most of my players rep.

Thanks

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019, 06:31 
Site Admin

This might sound like an unhelpful question... but why do they lose? Is it low eFG%? Not enough rebounds? Too many turnovers? Other team getting more FTs?

Maybe hone in one whether it's efg% or just not getting as many shots. Then go from there. Bottom line is you either have to figure out a way to get higher efg% via defense/offense or you have to figure out a way to get more shots than your opponent. Drilling down into stats by help come up with a strategy to do one or both of those things:

https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/stats/9_stats_basketball_coach_should_track.html