All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2014, 12:16 

Well, I decided to start our season off a little different. We had a Midnight Madness event.

Our first day that we can practice up here is Dec. 1st, so I decided to have a practice at 12:01 am on Dec 1st. The parents thought it was crazy, the players LOVED it. In fact, they are already planning a bigger event for next year. I only practiced them an hour which was mostly learning "my" drills which they had never ran before.

The downside was practice on Monday was a bit of a downer. Players had a full day of school and were rather tired by the time 6pm rolled around, heck even I was dragging a bit. We practiced for about an hour and then went over what statistics are in basketball and how I use them as a coach.

I told them that all they need to worry about is that VPS number. They were quite curious as to how that number is made up. I then put them to immediate sleep mode when I started explaining the equation. Poor players thought they were back in school. We wrapped up yesterday's practice with a rather spirited 4 on 4 no dribble full court scrimmage.

On to Day 2.

Hydaburg City School District