All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2011, 11:04 

coaches, one more observation...i noticed that player, that we discus ,
, he play games with great enthusiasm, and he is one of the best players on court , buy when is time to practice he is not giving his best. he is practicing with 20% of his maximum!!
. he tell me that he watches highlights of MJ and Kobe every day.
could it be that he thinks that basketball is just highlights???
it seems that practice is booring him, and he don:t see any goal in good practice, because highlights are more amusing......
when i say to him that MJ and Kobe are the best players on practice, that why they are the best, i don:t thing he believe me.....
too bad there are no highlights of practice :D:D

any thoughts?

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2011, 12:19 

You might ask him how he thinks Kobe, MJ, and the rest of the STARS of the game got to be all stars? By watching someone elses highlights or by practicing and working on their game?

I heard a pro player at a clinic say one time.... While you are sitting around watching TV someone else is out there working on their game....and they WILL pass you up!

Maybe he needs some "quality" bench time... let him earn his playing time....

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2011, 13:05 

thanks coaches, our player is getting better...we talked alot, and nw it is better, but still not best, but we move forward...
one more question: my players play hard, and practice hard, but on last 15 minutes i give them 5:5, and allmost every time it end up on bad note. when we finish basketball 5:5 it is allways negative...what can i doo better?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2011, 13:06 

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2011, 14:58 

I'm not sure I know what 5:5 is ???

My sugesstion is to end practice on a fun / positive note so the kids will look forward to coming back to the next practice.

They will go home and talk about you and how practice went... so it would be nice if they left happy. :-)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 07:48 

5:5 is basketball 5 against 5, scremage game..
that is only place where they get negative, and i am not sure why...

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 07:48 

5:5 is basketball 5 against 5, scremage game..
that is only place where they get negative, and i am not sure why...

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 08:46 

Ok, 5 on 5 and they are ragging each other?

Try this..... a game to six.... EVERYBODY has to score before anyone can make the final basket.. or you can pick out who you want to score on either team. You will be amazed about how hard they will work to get each other shots... even the lesser kid on the team, because they know that he has to score in order for them to win.

This is a great way to create team work amongst your players... and another thing that will come out of this... you will find out who your leaders are.

Give it a try and let me know.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 19:52 

i will..thank you coach