All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 09:22 

Just one little thing is that my team has moved up to U14/D2,Do i use what you have sent and make it more intense or do you have some drills and game plans to suit the girls.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 15:50 

I'm not sure what was sent to you. You should always make your practices intense and at game speed so your girls should respond to playing up on U-14. I currently coach U-13 girls and I have played up a couple tournaments, it's great experience and my girls responded well, they never backed down and were never intimidated.

As far as game plays/plans, only you know what is best for your team, what style you play, talent, athleticism, height, depth etc. When you know what type of team you have then you tailor your plays to best fit your style and type of players.

Lastly, at any level, always reinforce fundamentals at every practice.
Ballhandling, dribbling under pressure, passing, defense and proper shooting form should be focused on constantly at every practice. Keep your plays simple!!

Good Luck

Coach A

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 16:17 

Good advice Coach A....

This is a comment from one of my X players...

"To be honest, everything we did in practice had a direct correlation to our games, we had no wasted time."

At your age group you need to teach a lot of fundamentals.. but try to tailor your drills to fit your system. Run shooting drills that will transfer to what your kids will be doing in games etc.

Good luck

Ken