All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 13:21 

My 15U team this year is going to be pretty small with almost 1/3 of the team being shorter than 5'3. They're athletic, and they're skilled (mostly), but size is going to be a major issue for us.

As a result, I'm looking to speed up the game by pressing and trapping and looking for easy transition baskets. In the half-court, I want to continue that with a trapping 2-3 zone.

In a half-court set, my plan is to run a continuous PnR as my main half-court offense.

In my experience, we're going to see teams play M2M against us probably 85% of the time.

My problem is how am I going to teach and run a continuous PnR against a M2M defense, when I'm also teaching my guys to play a 2-3 zone on the defensive end? Some of the principles conflict, and I don't really know how to approach it.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 14:03 
Site Admin

I'm not sure there's a perfect answer so you'll have to consider all the options and go with what you think it best for your situation:

- you could bring in other teams to scrimmage during practice to work on your PnR offense against man

- you could run man to man in half court and continue pressuring like Keith Haske does: https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/pr/haske-uptempo-system.html

- you could do some 5v0 offense work and breakdown drills (2v0, 2v2, 3v3) to work on the PnR... then just do most of the learning on the fly during games

There are pros and cons to all those scenarios. Good luck!