All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 10:56 

Good Day,

I am doing some research on how to improve passing but I am unable to find sources that would be able to tell me that, bad passing is the leading cause of turnovers and loses of games. Is there a possibility that you can aid me in this discussion? Please let me know.

Take care.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2017, 15:14 

Two suggestions:

1) Conduct no dribble scrimmages. Use a countdown for any player stalling with the ball. They have to pass within 3 seconds or it's a turnover.

2) 3 teams of 3 players half court. 1 team is on sideline waiting to come in. The two teams on the court are playing against each other. Offense can't dribble and has to make 5 good passes to stay on the court. Allow the defense some extra aggression. If the offense turns the ball over, the offense goes off the court, the defense becomes the new offensive team and the team from the sideline hustles in on defense.

Keep it moving fast, increase the # of passes if 5 is too easy (doubt it will be). Same deal on using a countdown if an offensive player is holding the ball too long.

Consequences for the losers in both of these scenarios (e.g. suicides, push-ups while barking like dogs, etc.)