All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 08:41 

Greetings,

I need your help as I do doctoral study and research by the two types of training program to improve the performances tactical offensive by analyzing matches the 2014 World Cup
I need help to tell me the way you train your tactical side
Is it through a full training plan or training performances tactical or three players
I need to know your strategy and your style in training and have your analysis
Thank you very much to cooperate with me

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2014, 09:15 

To try and answer your questions..... each coach goes about things a little differently but for the most part, basketball is a team game where ALL the players are taught the fundamentals of the game.

There are some teams that have a lot of talent and work more about what they can do rather than worry about the opponent. I wasn't blessed with that... so we would come up with a game plan for the next team we were playing. We would scout them and then work on our practice plans to accomplish our goals.

My thoughts were always to take the opposition out of what they do best IF we could. Try to take away their best shooters and let someone else try and beat us if they could. ( Pick your own poison )

The off season was devoted to strength and conditioning if the kids weren't in another sport. During the summer we held camps to work on the fundamentals along with our offense and defense. We played in at least one summer league and several shootouts. ( small tournaments )

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 16:55 

thanks a lot for your advice
Thank you so much to reply
What I want to know?
Whichever you prefer when you do train players on tactical games?
Do you prefer to be given to the players a complete plan and the method of complete games or prefer to do exercises on the games by playing position (games plays with two players or three players, for example, scrolling and seizure and cutting its, scroll focal player and work rotation inside and correction,kick-out,roll ,..............)
Also,
What is the content of how to play "the game plan"
Or what are the components of the game plan
that in the tactical side

I have noticed that most of the offense in the European league matches NBA to be that way
Is it better now when training on the offensive instead of the players on the training plan complete

Thanks a lot

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 18:24 

When we were preparing our team for a game... we would run breakdown drills for anything they did that was a little out of the ordinary... such as back screens or lob plays. Then our JVs would run their offense and defense.

- We ran our press offense every day anyway... but we would run it against what they did... t hat way there was no surprises.

- We would run our defenses vs their offense... m2m and match up zone

- We would then run our offense vs their defense... traps or anything special that they might do-

- Then we walked through their inbounds plays and any special set they ran.

I gave our players our game plan, who they were going to cover, what their tendencise were - who their best scorers were etc. How we were going to defend the team and any player and how we were going to attack their defense and presses.... according to their weaknesses.

We had their top 8-10 listed with their heights, teandencies, strengths, what position they played, right or left handed shooter.

I hope this helps

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2014, 18:38 

askaram20011 wrote:
thanks a lot for your advice
Thank you so much to reply
What I want to know?
Whichever you prefer when you do train players on tactical games?
Do you prefer to be given to the players a complete plan and the method of complete games or prefer to do exercises on the games by playing position (games plays with two players or three players, for example, scrolling and seizure and cutting its, scroll focal player and work rotation inside and correction,kick-out,roll ,..............)
Also,
What is the content of how to play "the game plan"
Or what are the components of the game plan
that in the tactical side

I have noticed that most of the offense in the European league matches NBA to be that way
Is it better now when training on the offensive instead of the players on the training plan complete

Thanks a lot
I noticed you posted this same question to several other threads. Please only post your question once, we will see your post. If someone thinks they can help you with an answer they will try. Thanks for your help on this!