All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 07:37 

Hi, I've read through your breakthrough playbook and I implemented one of the plays into my high school team . The play I've chosen was "the three play" which requires player 1 and 5 to screen for player 2 and get an open shot for player 1 at the end. During practice without opponents, they are able to run the play however, when it comes to putting the defense on them, they fail to perform it as they are lost. Is there any way i can change that in 1 week and a half? It's vital as the high school tournament is around the corner. Thanks

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 09:41 

Coach,

Try breaking the play down again.... use the part - whole - part system... seems like you have done the first two parts... now break it down again going thru every part until they know it in their sleep.

Do this without a defense... then add the defense and have the D go at half speed... once they can handle this.... get the D up to 3/4 speed....... after they can handle that... let the D go full speed.

Remember, in practice we all have what we call practice All Americans - they know the play so they will be there before the offense is...once your kids are comfortable with all that pressure... there needs to be a counter IF they over play something.