All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 16:08 

we play u-18(europe) 40 min games (4*10 min quarters)

i will rank them up:
1 great ballhandler/decent shooter (abilty to get to FT) Guard/Forward
2 good ballhandlers/decent shooters G/F
1 good shooter/great rebounder(great leaper)/great shotblocker/defender (abilty to get to FT) Center/F
1 great rebounder (both ends) /shotblocker (abilty to get to FT) C
2 decent shooters/average defenders F F/C

1 decent rebounder (bad leaper) C
3 very poor shooters/ below average defenders but willing to take a charge F

usually i use 7 players, but i dont want to disrespect the other 4, by not letting them play.

Can i please get some help??

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010, 20:50 

Coach,

I have looked at this several times now.. and I don't think what you are asking for is 2 separate teams... 5 in - 5 out..... so you have to look at it like this ( I think )

You need ONE POINT type GUARD on the floor at all times...
(you have one great one and two good ones so that shouldn't be a problem - all 3 can shoot the ball)

You need a Good FORWARD / CENTER type on the floor at all times also. You have three and two are pretty good. ( 2 are decent shooters - 2 are great rebounders and 1 is decent )

You have a couple of decent shooters so that helps... the three that are below average players need to be on the floor with 4 of the better ones - so space their playing time.

You know these players better than we do, so set your rotation up that way.... Play your 5 best early in each quarter, especially beginning of the 3rd, which sets the tone for the second half.... bring in subs after 4-6 minutes of each quarter ....and in the 4th quarter play your best players the entire quarter.

I hope this helps you somewhat ... IF you have something a little more specific let us know.