All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2019, 13:17 

Just looking for some discussion and ideas here.

12 players.

1-8 are best players. Very interchangeable parts with strong skill and IQ

9-12 are decent skill, but IQ is not there yet. Close but not quite there.

32 minute game. Looking for ideas on how to do some rotations. We've had 10-11 the past couple weeks and in that case we'll go with two even groups and sub 5 for 5 every 4-5 minutes. When we have 11, we do a group of six and 2 of those players split the 4-5 minute run that the group gets.

Would that work with two groups of 6? Even split of the top 8 players. Then #9 and #11 in on group and #10 and #12 in the other group. Play them in 5-6 minute bursts with 9/11 and 10/12 subbing for each other during that grouping?

We try to stick with this through the first half and then maybe do it once in the second half before narrowing things down and going with the rotations that give us the best chance to win. I'm a fair but not always equal playing time kind of coach. You'll play, but not always as much as the next guy. And we're open with players about why we do what we do so we usually don't have any issues.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2019, 14:08 

coachmt wrote:
Would that work with two groups of 6? Even split of the top 8 players. Then #9 and #11 in on group and #10 and #12 in the other group. Play them in 5-6 minute bursts with 9/11 and 10/12 subbing for each other during that grouping?
I like this idea because you keep the 9-12 with a strong set of players.

Quote:
We try to stick with this through the first half and then maybe do it once in the second half before narrowing things down and going with the rotations that give us the best chance to win.
Sounds like a solid plan.

You already know this, but in tighter games, I'm subbing less of the 9-12 group. In games where you're able to grab a good lead, I'm letting those 9-12's get some longer playing time. It's tough with 12 players on a team, I'm more in the camp of 9-10 max on a team if possible.

Sounds like you're handling this pretty well.