All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 14:25 

I did that at times, usually towards the end of games when they were full out denying - The guy that is the head coach at our school now was doing that on a regular basis in some games if they were having problems inbounding the ball.

You just have to remember that it can only be done AFTER A MADE BASKET.

The players just reverse their responsibilities..... practice it so there is no mistakes...like throwing him the ball BEFORE he has both feet out of bounds.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 14:53 

Yep! Thanks, Coach!
If I think the game may be close, I have made it a habit to talk to the officials pre-game to make sure they are ready for that play.
I tried it one year and one of the officials blew the whistle and said it was a violation. Needless to say I "contested" that ruling. :-)

Luckily, the other official was aware of that option and brought it to her attention.

Kinda spoiled the surprise though. :-P

Thanks again!

Mark

Coach\
12UB Nuggets

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 15:20 

That happened to me also... matter of fact the defendeer jumped ou of bounds too and deffelcted the ball. That should have been a T AND the ball out of bouds ... they corrected the call but diidn't get thee T call.... ref said ( catch this now )

" HE DIDN'T MEAN TOO! " I told him that it was the idea of the play.- that and / or get the ball inbounds. They were down one at the time. Go figure.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 15:25 

LOL!, Sorry but that's too funny.
:-: it's things like that that make you want to pull a "Bobby Knight" with the nearest chair.

Mark

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 15:57 

Well, we werw up one and the last thing I wwnted was a T!!!

Sometimes we just have to bite our tongue.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 16:11 

Yep as difficult as that is sometimes.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 18:20 

You must have seen me coaching.

I asked one of the reporters that covered our games about the pictures they alwas take.... I asked him," Cant you ever get a shot of me with my shut?? " He said, " That's a tough shot ccach. " LOL :-)