All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011, 18:11 

Coach,

Some players on my team hate when I use the tactic board. I think it's the first year they've seen it and may be hard for them to understand. When should the board be introduced and what's the best way to help them understand it.

Coach Brown

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011, 18:27 

Coach Brown,

What age group are you working with? Why do they hate it? Have you asked them?

You might try to explain why you are using this board... to help them visualize what you are talking about? I've used the ones with magnets and the posey markers... I didn't have any problems - the first time I used one was with 8th graders but mostly with high school age kids.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2011, 19:27 

Coach,

I'm currently coaching Bantam girls 12-13 yrs of age. Some of them have for five years and some a little one year experience, so we are take baby steps right now. I've made a breakthrough at our practice this evening. I had been trying to explain on a printed inbounds play how the play worked. I thought that I'd try a different approach and maybe they might find it easier to understand. Well, I was wrong because they all wanted me to use the tactic board. They said when I'd draw the player movement, they can visualize where they have to be on the floor. Thanks for your quick reply.

Coach Brown

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2011, 19:37 

Glad I could help.... good luck.