All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 09:54 

What level do you want to coach at?

I am currently a small college assistant coach, but I hope to teach and coach at a public high sometime in the future. I feel that this is the best option for me as I have a family and do not want to move away to follow college coaching jobs etc.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 11:52 

I think that depends on the person... I didn't want any part of the college life either..... I started at the middle school level and ended up at the high school level. That is exactly where I wanted to be. It took me several years before I decided that the HS level was my ultimate goal.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 12:05 

yeah i know it depends on the person... i just wanted to hear from a few coaches and see where they want to coach.

Coach Sar, do you still coach at high school now? If so, do you teach also?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 12:10 

No, I am retired (thank God) and I did teach too. I taught Special Ed for 27 years at the high school level.

In most cases it is better if you teach at the school if you want to coach there... let alone its a lot better finanacially.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 12:16 

Yeah i know what you mean. I am cerified to teach middle school.... so either I work in the same district and coach at the high school. Or I teach and coach at the same middle school.

At the moment I am teaching at a private christian school. I am teaching third grade, (outside of what i am certified to teach) so I really want to find a job teaching at a public middle school so I can get coaching in that area too.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 12:21 

Good luck, typically high school teachers make more money than middle school teachers... I know its not all about money but I just thought I would throw that out there.