All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 07:53 

Thank you for your continued support and correspondence, I however request to get a tip from you on how to go about with the question(s) below: Question: (1) Explain the teaching method of dribbling and how to defend a dribbler. (2) Explain the teaching method of 1:1 in the post palyers postions. (3) Describe the basic movement in the man to man movement. Let me kindly have your point of view in respect of the above for i am on a desertation programme in Europe ( Hungary) for an International Coaching Course, to compare notes with what i have compiled and to have a better presentation as before my supervisor for that matter.

Thanking you in anticipation.
All the best.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2010, 14:02 

I think that is definitely too broad a topic to be covered here. You have to go out and do it and over a period of years you might start to figure some things out. I have coached for 27 years and am still asking the same questions you are asking.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2010, 15:05 

I agree with Don..... maybe I can give you some advice for defending a dribbler (but there are so many scenarios that its too hard to answer completely_

From the point we directed/pushed to the free throw line extended... some say push to their weak hand and thats fine... but, taking them to the f/t line extended from the point worked well for us. From the wing, we TRIED to force them to the short corner without getting beat completely on the baseline.

Its getting very difficult to defend the dribbler these days, some of them are just to good.... double team, run and jump, fake and recover ?? As I sit and watch games today, the teams using the Dribble Drive, I ask myself how I would defend that..... I would try what I said above, not sure it would work, but thats my best answer.