All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 22:59 

I am wanting to know what is the proper defensive assignments when it comes to executing the 3-2 matchup zone? Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 08:46 

Aaron...

We ran a 1-3-1 match up zone and had several adjustments...one was that we had our center play his opponent m2m using m2m rules...

If you look on Coaches Clipboard ( its even animated - sorry Jeff/Joe ) you can take a look and see how we covered things... take a look and let me know if you have any questions...

What age group are you working with?

Ken

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 23:03 

sars300 wrote:
Aaron...
We ran a 1-3-1 match up zone and had several adjustments...one was that we had our center play his opponent m2m using m2m rules...

If you look on Coaches Clipboard ( its even animated - sorry Jeff/Joe ) you can take a look and see how we covered things... take a look and let me know if you have any questions...

What age group are you working with?

Ken

sars300 wrote:
Aaron...

What age group are you working with? Thanks for your reply. Age group is 11yrs. thru 13.

Ken
Quote:

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 23:06 

I would strongly suggest that you teach them how to play m2m defense rather than any zone. That does a bette job of teaching them how to play the game and it will help to get them ready to play at the next level.

Ken

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 22:19 

I do teach them to play m2m but I like to mix defenses up especially when we run into a good m2m offense. Our m2m is not the best but I have some first time basketball players @ this age. That's why I am trying to get the 3-2 matchup zone so that there is the element of still playing a partial m2m defense.

Aaron