All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 10:05 

Hi My Name is Coach Hunter from Arizona this will be my second year coaching freshman basketball my first year I struggled with finding a offense that I could teach. This year I would like to teach the motion offense because it is really simple offense. I guess my question is what drills would I teach to run the motion offense

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 04:21 

The drills I would run to help would be simple v cut and entry pass drills. I run a very simple version with my 5 starting on the right block and 3 and 4 on the wings and my 1 and 2 up top.
5 cuts to FT line receiving the entry pass the my 3 start to go set a screen for 2 up high then back cuts to basket option would be 3 setting a low block screen for 4 to cut under popping to middle of paint, option 3 is 5 kicks out to 2 and sets a back screen for 2 to drive. If your 1 is a strong ball handler and finisher (I call this play 1 so I can use number sequences to get the look I want) EXAMPLE: if I want 5 to set a back screen for 1 off the dribble I tell them 11- number of play plus shooter position. I hope this helps.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 05:52 

My first suggestion would be to sit down with the head coach and ask him how he teaches his system.. that way there will be some continuity in the program.

Ask for suggestions as to how he wants you to introduce his system. Then you might break down everything you do in your motion and run it as a drill, once they understand the movements, you can put it all together.