All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 27 May 2016, 08:09 

Hi Coach Haefner,

I was reading one of your blog posts about the 4 out 1 in motion offense you ran with one of your high school teams. I really liked the simplicity of how it sounded. This is something I would like to implement in my varsity boys team. Do you by chance have a any more diagrams of different actions within the offense? For example, if a wing throws the ball back to the slot, what action they would make next etc.? Thank you for taking the time to view my email. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

PostPosted: 27 May 2016, 09:15 
Site Admin

Sorry, I don't really have anything else written up for the offense.

If a player in the corner throws a pass to the wing/slot area, we generally basket cut and then go back where we came from. If you allow ball screens, you could have the player follow the ball and set a balll screen.

Otherwise, we just let players decide,,,, basket cut, screen away, or ball screen.

Another decision point is when you are one pass away from the ball.... players should get open by either popping out, back door cut, face cut, screen away, or ball screen. Pretty simple. Does not need to be complicated and you can limit the options if you want. Keep spacing, give them a few possible options to choose, and let them play. If things don't work well, emphasize spacing and skill improvement. It almost always comes back to that.

If you have other questions let us know.

PostPosted: 27 May 2016, 09:48 

Thank you for your reply.