All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 06:59 

No you're right, every once in a while during scrimmages I'll hear this big man voice go "Move on help guys!", and it's me talking!! All the parents get a little excited and say stuff like that but mostly it's alot of cheering and clapping and "right idea" and "good shot". We do have to real ourselves in so we don't get the stink eye from camp director. lol
Thanks coach

PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 07:06 

That's funny -but I would say thats pretty typical... and unless you are in a Coma, you will get excited and yell a little bit.

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 07:26 

The way I teach a crossover is I first tell the players what type of move it is.
It is an evasive move that employs a sudden change in speed and a sudden change in direction. I also tell them that you are moving at medium speed prior to the crossover then use explosive speed performing the move.
The crossover MUST be low and quick. The crossover should take place at the knees or below.

Going into the crossover dribble, the dribbling hand is on top of the ball, as the ball is bouncing up back to the hand, the hand now slides to the side of the ball, sweeping the ball across the body while player gets gets low and cuts opposite. The angle is usually 45 degees off initial dribbling direction.

Lastly, I tell my players once you blow by your defender with the cross-over, cross back over to original hand and "cut" in front of defender making it hard for him to recover, basically keeping defender behind you...(where you want him).

Anyway...hope this helps!!

Coach A

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 07:34 

Thanks Coach A it does help and I appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback.
I am trying to find her someone to work with on her ball handling skills on a more regular basis, not just camp setting. It's a bit tricky.
Their school team won yesterday, their moving on to finals! YEAH BABY!!
She was invited out to the all-star team tryouts!