All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2018, 12:13 

I have gotten the Jim Huber , Don Kelbick and Tim Schuring cd and I have created a hybrid system between them , my players are young and they lost some games this year and I’m trying to keep confident in the system , but sometimes I feel time is not enough , do you have any advise for me . Since all the other teams played zone against us and tried to slow us down and shooting and footwork’s is not up to the standard . What do you advise I do ?
Thank you .

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2018, 09:55 
Site Admin

Focus on player development, great defense, possibly rebounding, and possibly BLOB situations.

Player development because (unless you can recruit better players) that is the #1 most impactful thing you can do to win more games... make your players better. Not easy but has biggest impact.

I say defense because that is mostly effort and focus... you don't need great skill for that and can even make up for limited athleticism.

Same with rebounding... does not take skill. Only effort and emphasis.

BLOBs (defense and offense) are something that if you focus on can give you a 5-20 point swing in a game.

Defense, rebounding, and BLOBs all give you a big return compared to the amount of time needed to invest.

Lastly... work on your culture to keep confidence and enthusiasm up. Even if you lose a lot, with the right culture you can maintain a good mindset.