All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 19:59 

Greetings,

My name is Mohamad Ali Itani and I am living in Montreal/Canada.Simply. I have a deep profound love of basketball.You'd probably think am exaggerating, but trust me am not. Am 22 yrs old and I have been playing and watching the game since I was a kid.To keep things simple and short, am emailing you because I was wondering if you can help me out to pursue a goal I had for a while which I could not fulfill back home in Lebanon which is becoming a basketball coach. I was wondering if you could point me out to the right direction which in specific means if you recommend an academy/school/program in which I can enroll in to fulfill my dream anywhere in Canada/States...but mostly Canada.

I do hope that you reply back.

Best Regards.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 12:45 

The first thing you need to do is to try and find a place to coach... youth leagues, parl districts etc. Volunteer at a grammar school or middle school.. get started.
We need to know at what level you want to coach at.... IF you want to coach at the high school level you need a degree and teaching certificate.
That will get you in the door..... if its just coaching there are Coaching certificated course out there... do that.
Sit down with one the local high school coaches and ask him for some advice for your area. That would give you the best information for where you live. Good luck, I hope you can fullfill your dream.

Ken

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 15:38 

hey ken....10x alot for the info...and i'll try finding a high school coach to talk to.....

appreciate it man..

later

mohamad ali