All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 03 May 2018, 09:57 

CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANY VIDEO EQUIPMENT FOR BB PRACTICE AND GAMES?

THANKS,
MICHAEL MEEHAN

PostPosted: 03 May 2018, 12:15 

Are you doing this as a coach to have the player's watch or is this for a parent wanting to get some film?

If you're looking to get a decent vid cam for a lower price, the Canon VIXIA HF R800 is a good one. Great zoom and battery life. It'll shoot in 1080p 60fps which is plenty for sports. You can bump up from there in price, but not sure it's worth getting all fancy.

The key is getting a tripod and someone who's filmed a game before. You want a smooth scan and have them turn off the camera during non-play time (timeouts, fouls and halftime) or editing will be a pain.

PostPosted: 03 May 2018, 13:07 

HI, I READ YOUR ANSWER, THANKS. I WILL PROBABLY USE THE CAMERA FOR BOTH PURPOSES.

THANKS AGAIN,
MICHAEL

PostPosted: 04 May 2018, 04:32 
Site Admin

Depends on what you want to use the cameras for. I usually use my iphone to film kids games and for training purposes. Usually use Coaches Eye app on my phone to film shooting technique, etc and then slow things down frame by frame or in slow motion to show players their shot and look myself.

For video production that is a whole different story. I'm not sure what cameras we use but they are professional cameras that cost a lot of money.

Beyond that, like coach Rob said... find a good consumer camera that has good reviews and does well with low lighting... some gyms tend to have low light. Almost any camera now days will work pretty good but if you want the best picture quality... cameras that do well in low light conditions work best.

PostPosted: 04 May 2018, 18:29 

THANKS FOR THE ADDITIONAL INFO..