All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 13:03 

Just a silly, pointless question/survey:

My wife films all of our games for our 5th grade girls travel team. She did so last year also and I like to make a highlight tape at the end of the season and give it to each player.

Last year the video was formatted so that it went game by game as the season went along. I was thinking about breaking the clips into offense and defense and doing it that way. A big point of emphasis this year was taking charges and we've taken about 6-7 of them, so I was thinking I could put those all in a row. But I also like seeing how we change from game 1 to the final game, so the game by game is my preferred method.

Maybe I'll do the game by game, but breakout a few offense and defense clips for a mini-section at the beginning or end.

What do you guys do? Or what have you seen done?

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 14:08 

I've done several of those over the years for various sports. I went more with a key highlights type format vs. game by game. The main reason is the video would be super long. It's pretty time consuming if you throw in slo-mo, put music to it, get some folks talking, but kinda cool as a keepsake for the players and parents. I basically try to capture every kid doing something good and just cool things that happened in the game, parents reactions, etc.. Again though, it takes some time even if you're pretty good with video editing software.