All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2014, 10:02 

Our girls team is going to get together to play in a 6 week fall league starting at the end of August. 7 of our 8 girls from last year have committed to doing it and we've brought 1 new girl into the fold this summer.

We've been getting together once a week since early June to work on ballhandling and shooting for 60-90 minutes. We also include some 3on3 or 2on2 (or whatever the attendance numbers allow) so the girls can just have some fun and play around.

These are girls going into 5th grade.

Based on the town that is hosting this league, I'm anticipating full court pressure being allowed all game. We are planning to have 1-2 practices per week leading up to the league. I want to keep it simple and still work a ton on fundamentals, so my plan going into this is:

- 5 out offensive set. pass and cut with occasional ballscreens. We'll probably do some shell work to reinforce our spacing, movement, spots to fill, etc.
- m2m defense, which will be covered in our shell drill, so we kill two birds with one drill.
- we'll probably just use our most basic BLOB and maybe show them a basic SLOB.
- One basic press break because I know we'll see fullcourt pressure. This will also give us a chance to work on our pressure defense.

That's all. We'll continue working hard on fundamentals. I think it's a great opportunity for the girls to play competitively for 6 weeks leading up to tryouts.