All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 15:42 

Best decision, get out of that league and find one that plays by the rules. IF for one moment I thought one of their players were playing to hurt one of mine intentionally, I would go the refs and tell them that its their responsibility to control the game and keep the kids from getting hurt... and if they don't I would walk off the floor.

There is NO place in sports for this type of behavior!!

PostPosted: 21 May 2014, 21:14 

Coach Sar: I agree wholeheartedly and am WAY ahead of you on that one. The fact that this type of behavior exists is disgusting on so many levels.

PostPosted: 22 May 2014, 06:01 

Garrett -

What really blows my mind is that they would stoop to that level with that age group. People like that have NO business working with kids. What are they teaching them? Certainly not to be upstanding citizens. Here is another thing that bothers me -- that the other parents would let their kids play for this guy and allow t hem to blantantly break the rules like that.

PostPosted: 22 May 2014, 08:33 

Well, I'm sure you've had the same sort of experience with parents as I have: a good-sized chunk of them aren't really there to see their child learn the sport, they're there because they want to have victories under their belt. I've met a few parents who, quite honestly, would rather have their child benched for an entire game...if it resulted in their child's team winning. Things are a little messed up right now with the reasons for parents to get their kids involved in sports. Heck, each season I've coached, there's been 1-2 kids who had zero interest in basketball, their parents just signed them up.

PostPosted: 22 May 2014, 10:14 

So, what are they teaching thier kids? I wonder how they would feel IF their kids kept lying to them??

PostPosted: 22 May 2014, 12:05 

What are they teaching them? Entirely the wrong things....

PostPosted: 22 May 2014, 17:55 

Those guys should be laying bricks instead of coaching kids. JMO

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2014, 21:12 

Coach: I wasn't going to reply to this post until I read it all....And,if this is all true, you need to consider "criminal Charges" against not only the league, but this particular coach. These are 11 and 12 year old girls and to have an opposing coach display these type of tactics is tantamount to thuggery. There is no room for this in youth basketball but it looks as if you gave up and relented to another league. This coach needs to be removed from the game period. As long as he is allowed and supported in his coaching philosophy, he will always be teaching that its ok to cheat as long as you win and this in the long run will hurt a lot o kids...Coach Mac