All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012, 11:52 

I have been all over the internet and your site is by far superior! I fear I just haven't found the information I am looking for on your site because I'm not exactly sure where it would be housed. In any case our school has a new AD and is restructuring teams. I am curious what you think of the different team scenarios (we have too many kids for 1 team and are a no cut school). They havem\'t told us what is the final call yet but of these 3 ways:\r\n1- Even teams (in theory of course)\r\n2- A/B A= competetitve team and B= developmental\r\n3- 5 best and 5 "worst" kids on the same team. They are 4-6th graders. I would truly appreciate your insight to these 3 different team set up approaches. THANK YOU in advance.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012, 15:48 

TB -

I like the idea of having a competitive team and a developmental team a lot... but here is another thought....

Look at your point guards.... two best point guards, 1 on each team. Team A & Team B

Wing players.... 4 best wings .... #1 and #3 on team B and #2 and #4 on team A.

Post players ..... 4 best posts ..... #1 and #3 on team A and #2 and #4 on team B......

From that point on you can split them up picking every other player on each team. This would split your teams fairly evenly and make them both competitive and allowing both teams to have some FUN. These are young kids, the major goals should be teaching them fundamentals, getting them ready to play at the next level..... and FUN.

Just my thoughts.