All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2014, 17:43 

Can somebody give me a advice for a morning workout for 30 mins monday-saturday

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2014, 18:11 

Age?

Anything you're trying to work on in particular?

How would you rate your current skill level (e.g. rec player, competitive player)?

Just like any workout, I'd mix it up a bit so that a) you work on different skill sets and b) you don't get bored. I can throw out a few ideas if you can answer those questions.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2014, 18:21 

age is 16-18 asian.

i want to develop there skills overall

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2014, 18:39 

Incorporating several skills in one drill helps maximize your time and keeps things interesting. So, I like drills that have two or more skills at a time if possible. I’m also big with working on your weak hand when doing individual work outs (dribbling, layups, passing drills against wall).

After you start to feel comfortable with some of these drills, set goals for yourself before each drill (e.g. make X amount of shots). You can add/subtract from all of the drills to make them harder or easier.

Mikan Drill – 5-10 minutes
Your call on the variations, but the reverse and two ball drills are very good for coordination. In the first of video, the player isn’t keeping the ball high enough. You want to catch it high and keep it high when doing the basic Mikan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNqi-VTL5Q
Possible goal: Make X amount of shots in each variation before moving on.

Layups with cones – 3-5 min
Starting out pretty basic here and adding moves as you feel more comfortable. How many lay-ups can you make in 30 seconds or 1 min? Shouldn’t miss a lay-up. Up to you, but if you miss a lay-up, that’s 5 push-ups for every lay-up missed when drill is finished. You can move cones around to add variation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K0jO7X98dU
Possible goal: Make X amount of lay-ups in X amount of seconds

Dribbling with moves and shot 5-10 min
Set up two cones away from basket. One behind the other about 10 ft apart at an angle from each other. You drive towards the first cone and make a move (spin, Xover, behind back, between legs), then dribble to next cone (make another move)

Ball Handling Drills 5- 10 min -
I’m more in the camp of doing drills you can use in games, but this guy has some pretty good dribbling/ball handling drills that will get you going.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJEb6O-cjhU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRRsn_ixsMA

Free throws
If you have access to a basket during your work-out, make sure you are doing at least 10 free throws in-between drills, especially when you’re tired to simulate a real game.
Possible goal: You’re making 75%-80% of your free throws.

Shooting drills 10 min
Honestly, you can do a lot of variations here from a simple round-the-world drill to adding dribbling and moves.

The best shooting drill I’ve seen that has improved my players the most is plain shooting a lot of shots. This assumes you’re shooting with good form and not just throwing up shots. I’m talking a round-the-world type drill with 10 shots from each spot. You start fairly close to the basket and pick 5 spots. Before moving to the next 5 spots (a little further out), you have to end on a make. Eventually, you can turn this drill into 15 shots per spot x 4 areas that are each further out each time. The last area, you’re shooting 3’s and taking 300+ shots. You will get tired, your arms will feel like lead, but it’s a good way to improve your shooting once a week. It works better with two balls and someone rebounding/feeding you a ball.

Ganon Baker drills
Google Ganon Baker and check out some of his drills. I think he has a great work ethic and provides challenging drills that don’t require baskets.

My take on individual work-outs is to get a good base of drills and mix it up. Add, subtract, make it harder, challenge yourself by setting mini-goals, and have some fun. If you find yourself getting bored, take a break for a day or change things up a bit.

I’m sure others can throw in a few of their favorites drills.