All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2016, 09:17 

Hi all,my name is Gichimu and I live in Kenya,Africa.
I am 30 years old and in the past few years I have developed an imense interst for basketball,I didnt get into the sport as a young person due to lack of exposure and the facilities.

However,I would wish to build onto this interest,and get to understand the game more,to a point I could coach a minors team in a year or two to come,is there any material you would avail to me,so as to kick start me into this dream that I have?

I currently work as a construction supervisor,but I would wish to switch into the sport as I approach my 40s.Besides coaching,what other opportunities can I persue in the sport as I approach that age?

Your response would be highly apprecciated.

Best Regards,

Gichimu

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 13:12 

Couple of thoughts:

1) If you haven't played basketball, trying out a men's recreational league would be my first suggestion.

2) If you have friends or connections in basketball who are coaches, you could ask to help them during practices. Finding a mentor who is willing to let you hang around and learn would be a big help.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 04:27 

Coach Rob,

Thanks for your thoughts on the above subject, I actually plan on talking to one of the coaches in my local leagues to see if he can let me into his sessions.

Well appreciated.

Gichimu Mwangi.