All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 12:06 

Hello
After few weeks of planing the new season
i got my priority's in place
1.skills
2. Jim's M2M D
I was thinking that motion offense will be the right thing to teach, until i saw the Flex DVD
and its made me rethink, i think that for young girls 11-13 the motion offense can be easy to teach but hard to execute cus i give them to many options, and its up to them to make the decisions, and the girls are not so skilled, and in the hit of the game im not sure they will be able to run the offense , now the flex feel bit more simple cus they need only to remember few basic moves and repeat it, the level of basketball in norway are not high as the US, so there is no zone D at that age, and no ball screen, and i cant remember i saw any switching defense at that level
i thinking teaching the flex to gain confidence, scoring, and flow and later on add some more motion
any ideas?

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 06:40 
Site Admin

I think you're priorities sound good. For choosing motion or flex... it's comes down to personal preference. It's now "what" you do but "how" you do it.

I don't think flex will be any easier to teach (you'll be surprised how confused they get in games at first even though it seems simple). But like you said it gives them structure. Again go with what you feel comfortable with and believe in. Both will work.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 07:18 

Thank you for the reply Jeff!
I got a great feeling about the flex, and after 3 kids at home and working with kids in general i really feel good structure is a good building stone for the future :)
How to do it...i think i will follow the great methods of Don like in the dvd with my touch to it