All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2016, 10:15 

So first off whoever answered my question yesterday i really appreciate it. i just need a little more information about defense. Whenever we have a 2 3 defense i get confused on what is the best positioning so that you are between your man and the hoop. If someone could explain the best positioning to me that would be greatly appreciated, My next question is during warm ups why is it a technical foul is u dunk the ball during the warm ups in the very beginning of the game. And my third and final question is I'm trying to get muscular and nothing seems to be working, what is the best way to beef up while not do heavy weight lifting? A response from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Jon Bain

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2016, 10:22 
Site Admin

1 - I assume you're referring to a 2-3 zone defense? I would recommend asking your coach this question. There are different ways to teach positioning in zone defense. What we suggest might be opposite of what your coach wants.

2 - Getting a tech foul during warm ups. Some leagues don't allow dunking during warm ups.

3 - Do body weight exercises.... push ups, pull ups, squats, and lunges. And be patient. As you mature you'll put on muscle. And eat healthy.