All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 19:48 

Word is the first team we are up against this weekend plays a matchup zone. We are 7th grade girls and fairly skilled. We are a small team who will run when we can. Our primary offense is a 5 out motion. Any suggestions ? I imagine we will just run motion and pick and roll if all else faiils...

Mike

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 20:16 

We ran a matchup zone on the high school level. The most difficult thing to defend was a high low offense... Low post player and flash a player from the other side, probably from the low block to the high post. Hit the high post player flashing, she should look to the low post player who needs to seal her defender.

Or the low post player can step to the short corner.... Pass the ball to her and the high post player can come right down the lane.

The key is to distort the zone... Confuse the defenders as to who is covering who. Try to make it two defenders cover one offensive player.... That will leave a player open.

If this seems to difficult.... I will leave you with what a college coach told me...."this is not rocket science, put em where they ain't".