All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2010, 19:46 

Guys, Thanks for your feedback.

And Don, you really made my point. I'll bet your wife is pretty successful. Yes, the customer's request resulted in a lot of extra work. However, she went ahead and did it and had a satisfied customer. In my business, we do that kind of thing every day. I think that is why I am a little frustrated -- everyday I make accomidations for my customers.

I should clarify one thing. This is not about scheduling. This in not about changing an entire team's schedule. It is not about problems finding gym time. This is about putting a kid on a team that practices on a day he is available so he can participate in the program. For example, there are five teams A, B, C, D, & E. A practices Monday, B on Tuesday, C on Wendsday, D on Thursday, and E on Friday (which has all been determined). My request was to put the kid on team A, C or E and not on B & D, their choice, and to do it before the teams are determined and announced to save possible disruption later. What if you get Johnny who can't practice on Wendsday, and Timmy who can't practice on Tuesday? Under the current "policy," both are out of luck. Could be really easy to switch Johnny and Timmy and the both Kids enjoy their season. We'll have to see what happens. Thanks.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2010, 20:28 

Ok, so here is the update. As it happens he is on a team will practice the same night he has another commitment. However, the practice time is late and will not interfer with his other commitment. He is going to be a tired puppy that one night and the next morning. Actually beter for me since I get a 2 for 1 on that night. I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2010, 21:59 

So we went to the first practice the other night. We have just enough time to scarf down a sandwich, head to the gym and change for practice. Turns out he have several classmates on his team (several of whom I coached before), so he should have a bunch of fun. I offered to help out since I know most of them. It did end up being a late night for the kid though. I guess things have a way of working out.

Now on to the next problem -- 10 kids and they give you three balls.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2010, 22:01 

Does your son have one? Or any of the other kids? That should be an easy problem to solve.