All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2019, 08:02 

Hello: I am a mom of a 16 yr old jr PG who is 6'7" from IN. He was 5'9" entering HS and is likely still growing. He goes to a public school not known for basketball & played well against Culver Military Academy (defending state champs w/3 D1 prospects). Some people saw him and called coach at UA G3 Grind, and he was invited to play. He has gone from no HS AAU to top level in past two weeks. He is an excellent student, great kid, but humble and quiet. I need advice for how to help him in this last year. He is being compared to Anthony Davis' story.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 06:25 
Site Admin

Great story. Is there any particular questions you need help with?

My advice is to keep getting better (player development), be humble, get good grades, and stay the course of just trying to raise a great person... whether they play basketball or not.

If playing college basketball is of interest, I would get the Huber Hoops course and use the advice in that course. That is best advice you'll get. That will be a huge help for you regarding the recruiting process and getting put into a good situation for academics and college basketball.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2019, 17:02 

I'd also ask the UA G3 Grind folks for help.