All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 28 May 2020, 07:37 

I have been a fan of your website and a customer over the last year to year and a half. With the COVID-19, my son's summer league, in which I was going to head coach a team I was putting together for him, was cancelled. But instead, I am forming my own league for him which will have four teams.

To be safe and to not rack up large expenses, we are doing an outdoor league. So I need to purchase a portable, countdown timer to use for basketball games that is battery operated. I have looked on Amazon and found one for $121 that looks like it might work but it got some bad reviews. I really can't spend more than $150 on an outdoor timer. The less expensive the better as I am trying to keep costs low for the different teams.

Any recommendations??

PostPosted: 28 May 2020, 15:14 
Site Admin

I have not used portable timers... so no recommendations on that front. But one idea is to see if there's an app you can buy to use on ipad or tablet. The noise might not be loud enough but fans could see the time if you can get the ipad to stand upright on the table.

Or you just use the old fashioned watch and the scorekeeper communicates the time as needed. 1 min left. 30 seconds. 20 seconds. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. We have done that before when the scoreboard broke. It's not ideal but gets the job done.

Good luck!