All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 10:53 

My son is 12 and will be going into 7th grade in the Fall. I'd like to get him into one or more of your camps but would like some insight on each relative to skill level. He made his school's A Team this past season and definitely has shown a passion for the game. He has improved significantly the past couple of years but is by no means elite. I was thinking the Attack & Counter and/or Ball handling and decision making (he's a guard) but wonder about the skill level and if he would be in over his head.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 13:35 

Mike,

Can you email me at

I would be happy to answer your questions there.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 09:20 

There are a lot of camps out there it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for fun get better camps there are all of the College camps that exist and depending on where you live one might be close to you. We went to the KU camp and then to the Baylor camp a few years ago. Great camps for playing and getting better. However, if your kid is looking to really get better and start getting looks at playing at the next level you should probably be looking at camps like John Lucas, West Coast Elite, Hoopgroup, EBC, and MSHTV camps. Those are the truly high level kids. We also went to a basketball prep camp at Oak Hill Academy. It all depends on what you are looking to help your young player do.

So after all of that...what is your desired outcome? I can tell you what our experience has been if that will help. There's a lot out there and most of it isn't helpful if you don't know where you and your child want to go.