All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2016, 06:01 

My sons coach is very close to one of the parents on the team
Every aspect of the team, games, players and families are discussed with this parent.
This has lead to this parent having a lot of influence . mostly negative.. On team selections and positions etc.
How do we stop our coach from being so unprofessional .
Do we confront him?
Every parent is aware and unhappy but too scared to confront this breach of trust.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2016, 11:39 

A few options below:

1) You could ask to speak to the coach and address your concerns in a civil manner privately..

2) Move to another team.

3) Stay on the team and live with it.

I didn't include getting all the parents together and confronting the coach as that probably wouldn't go over to well. I'd probably choose #1 and go with #3 if I felt the situation wasn't being resolved to my satisfaction. As long as you're cool about talking with the coach in a non confrontational, calm manner, I don't see a problem.

Bad analogy, but it's kind of like talking with refs as a coach. Even if I think they blew a big call, when I treat them with respect as I present my case, things usually work out better.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2016, 10:06 

My son's coach is extremely patient with the kids and the parents. I especially like that he sends the kids home with tips to practice on in their free time and tells the kids to log their progress. It makes the sport time seem more important when I see my son logging his daily activity and progress.