All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2015, 14:27 

My plan is to keep him on this team and find time to work on his individual skills. He really needs to develop some aggression. They played there last tournament last weekend and it went well. My son started the first game and he was aggressive and played well. He scored 7 points which is a lot for him. The great part is he got fouled on a layup and then stole a pass and made another layup so he played aggressive.

He played a lot. I felt bad for a few other kids. They didn't play much. I am friends with the other dads and they were both upset. I could also see a few of the kids focusing on other sports.

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 14:03 

If your son is in 3rd grade, pulling him off the team is not a good idea. At this age being with his friends and sharing thoughts and ideas of the game and being a 3rd grader are more beneficial to him. He is the main interest here, isn't he? Your son is smart to know that he can and also wants to work on fundamentals with you privately. Being so young your son has plenty of time to be a basketball star! Thanks for being one of the great dads out there!