All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 12:31 

Hi coaches,

Just wanted to update. Son was at practice last night, came down on a jump stop and twisted his right knee really bad. Went down crying and could not bear weight. Husband was there and immediately sat him down and came home for ice and knee brace.

To his horror, coach had him in practice, running again, while he was gone. Coach wasn't there when it happened (in his defense()hapened right at beginning) and saw son sitting, told him to "get in there" because now they are 'short' with so many players out hurt, now they need players to practice. Other coach told him he was hurt, that's why he was sitting and Coach said he's fine, get in there! Shake it off.

Second coach pulled son, when he saw knee going into the left (right knee) and told Coach, he can't! Thank goodness for coach 2. Husband took son out of practice and to urgent care because of ligament scare. Doc on call said that he twinged his acl and bruised the membrane, does not feel any tear has happened, thank goodness. Crutches for 5 days, no playing or running for a week, should be okay. Ibuprofin, ice, elevation and all the icecream he can handle LOL, acually, i added that one.

Son has big tournament tomorrow, home shcool court, too bad, but he will not be there, do not want him to dangle leg for that long. Will stay home, ice, and elevate.

NOt happy with coach putting him in practice again after injury. ;(

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 14:59 

I think I am speaking for all the coaches here when I say, I hope he is going to be alright and he will be able to get back on the court soon..... with no problems playing

twinkletoes wrote:
Second coach pulled son, when he saw knee going into the left (right knee) and told Coach, he can't! Thank goodness for coach 2. Husband took son out of practice and to urgent care because of ligament scare. Doc on call said that he twinged his acl and bruised the membrane, does not feel any tear has happened, thank goodness. Crutches for 5 days, no playing or running for a week, should be okay. Ibuprofin, ice, elevation and all the icecream he can handle LOL, acually, i added that one.

Don't be so cheap, throw in a lot of pizza too. LOL :-) I'm glad coach #2 took charge, there is no rason to play a kid hurt... especially at that age. IF your husband was there he should have taken him immediately to have it checkd.... the last thing you/he would need is to damage it further.

Your son can watch the game and cheer them on. Don't forget to tell him that I was pushing for the pizza. LOL
This is going to be 5 days of hell for you... he will want you to wait on him and he will whine because he cant play.... oh well..... thats what moms are for.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2013, 15:02 

Your "coach" is an a-hole. Sounds to me like it should be a "season ending" injury if you get my drift. Time to move on.

As for the injury itself, I would not rely on the urgent care diagnosis. Get to an orthopedic Dr. to have a look. May want an MRI to be sure. What you want at his age is complete recovery, not a nagging injury. Good luck.

PostPosted: 16 May 2016, 09:49 

Definitely not a good call by the first coach. What was he thinking or was he NOT thinking? An injury is bad news but then to aggravate it for no good reason is cruel on the coach's part. Glad you got the injury looked at. You can never tell on such a young kid if this is quite serious or not. Get the pizza, good suggestion!