All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 10:48 

All good advice here, many thanks. It is a process for sure, with ups and downs along the way. I am learning that as he gets older (along with the other kids I coach) the parents have less and less control (and rightly so but to the chagrin of a number of my parents) over the kids' evolution as basketball players and it is really up to them to determination the level of motivation and work ethic. Parents can certainly aid (or hinder) that process and the key I think is to be able to read the cues as to when it is right to push your son/players and when it is better to back away. But reading those cues is not easy!

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2012, 15:10 

How right you are Coach! We do the best we can and sometimes we don't make the right decision.... I would like to think that we make the RIGHT decison more often than not.

Coaching is a tough gig ( great one, but tough ) and the people in the stands judging us NEVER make a mistake. Trust me, I never cared what they thought... in most cases I forgot more than they will ever know.

Hang in there and enjoy the journey.... enjoy watching your son and the other boys grow up as a player and a person knowing that you had a big part in it.