Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Elite Athletic Development Basketball Camp in Lenexa, Kansas - April 12-13, 2014
If you want to become an exceptional basketball player, it is vital that you maximize your athleticism. In today’s world, every inch you gain can be the difference between making the team, getting more playing time, getting a college scholarship, or playing at a higher level.
With the Elite Athletic Development Camp, in addition to teaching you techniques to make you more athletic, we will also give you the necessary tools to take what you learned and apply it outside the camp. That way, you can take everything home and keep improving!
You will learn the same techniques that we have used with elite NBA players and other professional athletes. The great thing is that it will help you in other sports too.
You will learn how the AthleteFit staff improved rising NBA star Jrue Holiday’s vertical jump by 4 inches in just a few months. If you think it about it, this is quite amazing considering that Jrue Holiday was already one of the best athletes in the world.
What You'll Learn at the camp
Here are some of the things that you will learn at the camp...
Proper Warm Up To Reduce Injuries and Improve Athleticism
- Properly warm up your body to prevent injuries.
- Strengthen muscles and tendons to improve athleticism.
- Mobility exercises that prevent injuries and improve athleticism.
Moving Without the Ball
- How to optimally position your body to create separation from the defense.
- How to use change of speeds.
- How to improve your speed of thought.
- Anticipatory skills that will teach you how to recognize situations to make your quicker without improving physical speed or quickness.
Speed, Quickness, Agility, and Anticipation Skills
- How to develop an explosive first step to blow by the defense.
- How to utilize first step speed to be a better defender.
- Lateral quickness techniques and drills to create separation from the defense.
- Become a lockdown defender with the same lateral quickness techniques.
Vertical Jump Training
- How to improve your vertical with proper jumping techniques.
- How to jump quicker! Who cares how high you can jump, if somebody beats you to a rebound or shoots over you because you don’t jump quick enough.
- Become a basketball jumper – Basketball is not a sport where you only jump straight up and down. You will learn how to jump from different angles, standing still, off the run, off of two feet, and off of one foot.
Applying Athleticism With A Basketball In Your Hands
- How to be fast with the ball!
- How to attack in competitive game-like situations.
- High-intensity 1on1, 1on2, and 2on2 games to improve your athleticism and basketball skills.
The camp will be broken down into four 3-hour modules with this format:
- 45 Minutes – Education and Video Presentation
- 15 Minutes – Break into Groups
- 45 Minutes – Skill Session
- 15 Minute Break
- 60 Minute - Application of Skill To Games
AthleteFit and Breakthrough Basketball teamed up to bring you possibly, the best athletic development camp in the world.
Scott Moody, the founder of AthleteFit, and his staff will lead the camps. They have worked with many professional athletes including...
- NBA All-Stars
- Olympic Gold and Silver Medalists
- World Cup Champions
- US National Team Soccer Players
- Hundreds of College Programs
- Thousands of High School Programs
Who can attend?
The camp is for male and female players from 7th to 12th grade.
Coaches can also observe for a fee (coaches can find more info below).
Saturday, April 12, 2014 from 9 AM - 8 PM
Sunday, April 13, 2014 from 1 PM - 4 PM
* Lunch break will be taken Saturday from 12 PM to 1 PM. Another break will be between 4 PM and 5 PM.
Only 60 Spots Available
The camp is limited to a maximum of 60 players to ensure high repetitions and improvement.
Lenexa Family Life Center
17450 W. 87th Parkway
Lenexa, KS 66219
Travel and Accommodation Options
Camp attendees can get a 10-15% discount by using this link and booking any hotel owned by the Wyndham Hotel Group (Days Inn, Ramada, Baymont, Microtel, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn and Wingate). Find a nearby Wyndham hotel and get the Breakthrough Basketball discount.
$156 per player
Players - Sign Up Now to Reserve Your SpotFill out this form to sign up and reserve your spot:
Coaches can attend and observe the camp. There is a $97 fee to attend as an "observing coach". Visit this link to reserve your spot as an observing coach.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us or request a phone call.
Breakthrough Basketball, LLC.