Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Essential Youth Skills & Decision Making Camp
Coming to Waukegan, Illinois!
May 4 - 6, 2018
Elite Skills Coach Paris Davis!
We're excited to provide this 3 day youth and middle school camp in Waukegan, Illinois that focuses on developing the complete player. You will develop shooting, ball handling, passing, footwork, defense, rebounding, athleticism, and other essential skills to become a great a basketball player.
- You will learn the techniques and skill needed to become a great shooter.
- You will learn the essential skills to becoming a great ball handlerů no fluff.
- You will learn how to make more lay ups.
- You will learn how to become a defensive stopper and rebounding machine.
- You will learn the critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
- Basically, we will teach you all of the critical skills and concepts that coaches love and help players excel.
Here are some of the topics covered throughout the camp:
- Stationary ball handling routine that improve rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
- Dribbles move to help you blow by the defense at will.
- Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
- How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
- A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
- Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
- How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
Lay Ups / Finishing
- Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers and make more shots.
- 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way.
Defense and Rebounding
- How to improve quickness and play better on-ball defense.
- How to improve speed with hip-turns, push step, and better movement fundamentals.
- 5 fundamental keys to effective close-outs.
- How position away from the ball and be a great team defensive player.
- How to effectively box out your man every time.
- How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
- How to attack down screens, back screens, and more.
- How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
- How to utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
- Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills with the Steve Nash passing series.
- Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
Competitive Play and Controlled Scrimmages
Players will also get to take the skills they practiced and apply them in a game setting. This is fun and intense.
The games are set up, so the players have to give maximum effort and execute proper fundamentals. Players earn points for proper play and are deducted points for poor effort and execution.
Who Can Participate?
This camp is for boys & girls 4th-9th grades, ages/skill levels will be separated.
Who is Paris Davis?Coach Paris has over 11 years of basketball experience and extensive experience as a Breakthrough Basketball Skills Coach.
Paris is a CoachUp Captain, has completed over 1,000 basketball training sessions, and is ranked #1 in the state of Illinois for basketball training on CoachUp.com
Paris is the Program Manager of basketball camps and individual training at several locations in Chicago (Bensenville Park District, Lexington Elementary, ect).
He played varsity basketball for the legendary coach, Gene Pingatore (2002-2005)
-Ranked top 100 in the state of Illinois (2005)
-Named East Suburban Catholic Conference All-Star (2005)
Received academic and basketball scholarship to Saint Xavier University (2005)
-Second leading scorer at Saint Xavier University (2006-2007)
-Helped lead team to the NAIA National Tournament (2007-2008)
-CCAC Honorable Mention Player of the Week at Saint Xavier University (2009)
Other coaching achievements include, but not limited to...
-Christ the King Girls HS Basketball Tournament Champions (2014-2015)
-Christ the King Girls HS Basketball Conference Champions (2014-2015)
-District 89 Boys Basketball Holiday Tournament Champions (2010)
Friday May 4, 2018 -- 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday May 5, 2018 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday May 6, 2018 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Each session is limited to 40 players to ensure a high number of repetitions and improvement
The camp is COMPLETE!
Jack Benny Middle School
1401 Montesano Ave
Waukegan, IL 60087
Travel and Accommodation Options
Camp attendees can get a 10-15% discount by using this link and booking any hotel owned by the Wyndham Hotel Group (Days Inn, Ramada, Baymont, Microtel, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn and Wingate). Find a nearby Wyndham hotel and get the Breakthrough Basketball discount.