Q & A Forum
Experienced coaches are ready to answer your basketball questions! Visit our forum
Announcing Breakthrough Basketball Complete Youth Skills Camp
Coming to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma!
July 18-20, 2017
Elite Skills Coach Jonathan Bluitt!
We're excited to provide this 3 day youth and middle school camp in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma that focuses on developing the complete player. You will develop shooting, ball handling, passing, footwork, defense, rebounding, athleticism, and other essential skills to become a great a basketball player.
- You will learn the techniques and skill needed to become a great shooter.
- You will learn the essential skills to becoming a great ball handler… no fluff.
- You will learn how to make more lay ups.
- You will learn how to become a defensive stopper and rebounding machine.
- You will learn the critical components of basketball IQ required to become a great offensive player from an individual and team aspect.
- Basically, we will teach you all of the critical skills and concepts that coaches love and help players excel.
Here are some of the topics covered throughout the camp:
- Stationary ball handling routine that improve rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball.
- Dribbles move to help you blow by the defense at will.
- Critical progressions to ensure that your dribble moves are effective and explosive.
- How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight.
- A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home.
- Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release.
- How to shoot game shots from game spots at game speeds.
Lay Ups / Finishing
- Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers and make more shots.
- 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way.
Defense and Rebounding
- How to improve quickness and play better on-ball defense.
- How to improve speed with hip-turns, push step, and better movement fundamentals.
- 5 fundamental keys to effective close-outs.
- How position away from the ball and be a great team defensive player.
- How to effectively box out your man every time.
- How to cut and get open. You will learn v-cuts, basket cuts, l-cuts, backdoor cuts, and more.
- How to attack down screens, back screens, and more.
- How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor.
- How to utilize front pivots, reverse pivots, step throughs, sweeps, drop steps, and hops to make you an elite player.
- Improve hand eye-coordination and passing skills with the Steve Nash passing series.
- Competitive passing drills to develop game-like passing with head and pass fakes.
Competitive Play and Controlled Scrimmages
Players will also get to take the skills they practiced and apply them in a game setting. This is fun and intense.
The games are set up, so the players have to give maximum effort and execute proper fundamentals. Players earn points for proper play and are deducted points for poor effort and execution.
Who Can Participate?
This camp is for both boys & girls 4th-9th grades, ages/skill levels will be separated.
Who is Jonathan Bluitt?
Jonathan Bluitt a 4 time high school state basketball champion from OKC McGuinness from 1998 to 2001. Bluitt also played for Athletes First and was the main catalyst for leading Athletes First to its 1st Nike Super Showcase in Orlando, Florida. From there Bluitt took his savvy skills and leadership abilities to Bridgton Academy, being one of the 1st guys out of Oklahoma City to explore the postgraduate experience.
As a collegiate player, Bluitt was a three-year starter and four-year letter winner from 2002 to 2006. Bluitt helped guide Oral Roberts University to a pair of Mid-Continent Conference regular-season Titles, a Mid-Continent Tournament Championship, NIT appearance and the 2006 NCAA Tournament.
Bluitt led the Mid- Continent in assist 3 out of the 4 seasons he played also ranks 2nd as the all time assist leader at Oral Roberts University.
Some of Coach Jonathan Bluitt's coaching credentials include:
- Two years as a graduate assistant under Scott Sutton at Oral Roberts University, where he assisted the coaching staff with player development as well as helping with scouting reports for the opposing team.
- Two years as a JUCO men's assistant at Western Texas College. During his two years at Western Texas College, Jonathan helped coach the team to their first conference tournament in 21 years, since the NolanRichardson era.
- Bluitt has helped with the coaching duties of Athletes first; which is one of the nation’s top AAU elite programs in the country. As well as assistant coaching duties with the Oklahoma Storm (home school) leading the Storm to a Gold Ball Championship and Tulsa Noah.
- Bluitt has worked multiple basketball camps such as the Harlem Globetrotter camp, Kansas University, Oklahoma State University, Oral Roberts University and Oklahoma Christian University.
- He has developed and trained a number of pros as well as some of the top prep basketball players throughout the country.
- Jonathan is a specialist in developing basketball players and inspiring each individual to improve in dribbling, shooting, creating space from the defender and much much more!!!
Tuesday July 18, 2017 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Wednesday July 19, 2017 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Thursday July 20, 2017 -- 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Each session is limited to 70 players to ensure a high number of repetitions and improvement
Santa Fe Family Life Center
6300 N. Santa Fe Ave.
Oklahoma City OK 73118
Travel and Accommodation Options
Camp attendees can get a 10-15% discount by using this link and booking any hotel owned by the Wyndham Hotel Group (Days Inn, Ramada, Baymont, Microtel, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn and Wingate). Find a nearby Wyndham hotel and get the Breakthrough Basketball discount.
Players - Sign Up Now to Reserve Your Spot:Fill out this form to sign up and reserve your spot:
Coaches can attend for free by working the camp. Email us if you're interested in helping with the camp.
Otherwise there is a $97 fee to attend as an "observing coach". You will get to learn new drills and techniques from Jonathan Bluitt, just like all the players and other coaches in attendance. Visit this link to reserve your spot as an observing coach.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us or request a phone call.
Breakthrough Basketball, LLC.