All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 16:03 

What are some things I can do to become in great shape? I thought I could just go all out when I shoot? I do some endurance lifting and running. But on my drive way court area. It's really hard concrete. One reason I'm asking this is because my penetrating skills is my main game. I average pretty much all of my points but 1 jumpshot or 2. I believe I'm just a little slower and weaker than anyone. What can I do to fix this? Thanks. Sorry for all of the questions

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 06:05 

Basketball is all about quickness.... have you seen the NCAA guards ... talk about quick! Try jump roping..... jumping over lines or boards with both feet.... find a strong box to jump up and down on with both feet.
* do mini sprints... running lines.... (forget the full court stuff for awhile) go from end line to the FT line and back, then to half court and back....
*then do this while dribbling at your fastest speed while still controlling the ball.

Concrete is hard on the legs so if you can find a court to work out on, do that, otherwise, do what you have to do. When you shoot, work on some form first and then get after it at game speed.

Good luck and I'm sure some of the other coaches will have some ideas for you also.